Auto Backup with time stamping

dukeofearl.p

31 Jan, 2020 01:35 AM

Please implement file time stamping when auto backup is completed, overwriting the previous backed up file worked on earlier in the day is currently a bad idea. Any heavy users of this product stand to loose data if they cant access the last known good data set worked on earlier in the day after a crash or data input mistake.

This functionality has already been implemented when doing a manual backup so why not during auto backups. The maximum number of backups can already be modified to limit how many backups a user wants to store so i don't see what the problem is.

This is a very simple implementation yet i see users have been requesting and talking about it since 2018 yet nothing has been done. except adding it to manual backup.

Having a setting to enable a backup every 1st, 2nd or 3rd program close with a date/time stamp would be the perfect solution.

Suggestions are about making a great product even better, so please implement this change and make a lot of users very happy.

1. 1 Posted by dukeofearl.p on 31 Jan, 2020 01:38 AM

Heading modified to Auto Backup with time stamping

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 31 Jan, 2020 01:49 AM

I'm a fellow user.

A Moneydance user has implemented the capability using an extension, see:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/suggestions/11524-improvements-to-backups

3. 3 Posted by dukeofearl.p on 31 Jan, 2020 02:13 AM

Thanks dwg, i did read about the extension whitedavidp created which is great that he went to all that effort. The fact that a user needed to create their own extension to add a vital capability is further evidence that this capability needs to be permanently implemented into the program.

4. System closed this discussion on 01 May, 2020 02:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac