Remove OVERDUE from Reminders unless something is overdue

dtd

13 Feb, 2020 04:40 AM

The OVERDUE feature permeates the reminders widget. It is always there.

I would hope that for most people it usually says "no overdue reminders".

I suggest adding a "if overdue items > 0 then [display overdue items]" to the concept.

Unless there is an overdue item, just don't show the section, and start with "upcoming".
That would be the norm, and if OVERDUE popped up, it would elicit attention.
For everyone else, it's a few lines we don't need to constantly see.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 13 Feb, 2020 02:09 PM

Hi ,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Within Moneydance, you can go to Moneydance --> Preferences, then select the 'Summary Page' tab at the top of the 'Preferences' window.
    You'll see 'Reminders' listed at the top of the right column, by default. You can select this and press 'Remove' to take this off the summary page completely. Unfortunately, this item contains both overdue and upcoming reminders.
    Alternatively, you can move the 'widget' further down the summary page, and amend the order by simply selecting the relevant item and clicking either 'Up' or 'down'.

I'm afraid there's currently no automatic feature that will only show the reminders widget when reminders are overdue. If this is something you'd like to see, I can create a suggestion ticket and pass this to the development team for consideration.

Regarding the 'Reminders' item itself, when there are no reminders overdue, the widget should reduce in size and should not remain large and as if it still contains your reminders. If you believe it's not working as it should, can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? You can read instructions for taking a screenshot from here - http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 13 Feb, 2020 08:19 PM

Maddy,

The user is not requesting to remove the reminders widget, just that if there are no Overdue reminders that this section of the widget not be shown, as it currently stands the heading comes up with the text underneath of No overdue reminders, this is what he would like to not show. He would still like future reminders to show at all times.

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 13 Feb, 2020 11:42 PM

Maddy - dwg is correct. I LIKE the reminders line by line announcement of upcoming reminders, but the constant big red OVERDUE followed by "No overdue reminders" at the top seems odd, as it appears (to me) that it should only appear when something is actually overdue.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 14 Feb, 2020 08:58 AM

Thanks for letting us know about this issue! I've filed a ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue, so the developers will be looking into it.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by dtd on 15 Feb, 2020 08:35 PM

Thanks for filing a ticket. Just as extra info, I'm attaching a picture that visualizes the issue.

Basically, I have to stare at this red OVERDUE (No overdue items) constantly, when I think it would be more appropriate for that part of reminders to pop up only when there is something overdue. In fact, having it always there might inure people to ignore it,..

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 04 Mar, 2020 03:46 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I see Sean, Moneydance’s software developer has taken this suggestion on board and has implemented it in preview build 1904 at https://infinitekind.com/preview

7. 7 Posted by dtd on 04 Mar, 2020 10:39 PM

Great! It looks perfect.

Thanks for letting me know.

8. dtd closed this discussion on 04 Mar, 2020 10:39 PM.

9. System closed this discussion on 12 Aug, 2020 10:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac