CSV import enhancements

Brian

15 Feb, 2020 09:35 PM

First off, thanks for making this great application. It is the best by far for Linux, in my opinion.

Currently, when importing CSV via File->Import (and I believe also the text import plugin), the field mappings must be set on each file import. The field mapping is not remembered. This is really a pain for those of use who have financial institutions which do not provide proper ofx/qfx exports, and have to import via csv every time. It would be a great to make this less of a pain.

When using ofx/qfx imports, the category is often guessed correctly based on previous transactions. However, this does not happen with CSV imports.

When importing a CSV file and the transactions are merged, the transaction is marked unconfirmed if it was already confirmed. It would be nice if the confirmed state was not changed.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 15 Feb, 2020 09:38 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I would suggest you take a look at the user written CSV importer, it has to ability to create custom file readers.

https://github.com/stant/mdcsvimporter2015/releases

2. 2 Posted by Brian on 15 Feb, 2020 09:41 PM

The 3rd party import plugin creates a nasty red warning with an 'Uninstall' button right next to it, due to it not being signed/trusted (Moneydance 2019.4-1903).

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 15 Feb, 2020 10:17 PM

Hi Brian,

You can tone down the nasty red banner by going into Preferences > General tab > Theme > Custom.

I changed mine to light gray with a slightly darker gray text. You can, of course, change both to white to make the banner go away. The 'Uninstall' button will remain though.

A few of us on the Moneydance Slack channel have pointed Sean (the developer of Moneydance) to Stan's website to ask if he (Sean) can sign Stan's extension. Sean did sign an earlier version of Stan's extension for prior versions of Moneydance - so this may happen.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. 4 Posted by Charles on 16 Feb, 2020 08:00 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Have just updated to the latest Money Dance, and have deleted this and many extensions because of this warning...

5. System closed this discussion on 17 May, 2020 08:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac