Can't we type changes directly into fields?

Alexander Miller

07 Jul, 2009 10:30 PM

Could we be allowed to change the contents of fields, in many places such as check registers, without having to open & navigate menus and click on OKs - i.e. just select any field of a transaction and edit it directly by typing in a change and hitting Enter? I've used Quickbooks for a long time and find MD quite slow & cumbersome by comparison, because of the inability to do this sort of thing.

Similarly there are editing dialog boxes where, even if I'm only changing the first field, I can't just hit enter after typing the change. I have to tab through all the fields to get down to the OK, or reach for the mouse to choose it. These things make using MD quite a lot slower than it could be.

1. 1 Posted by ellentk on 10 Jul, 2009 01:25 AM

Just double click the entry in a register, make your changes, and then hit enter.

Or are you looking for something else?

Ellen

2. 2 Posted by Alexander Mille... on 10 Jul, 2009 01:48 AM

Ellen thanks,
    I was being thick. Accustomed to selecting cells with a single click to open cell & select text. Didn't think to try double clicking plus drag on the text to highlight it for editing.
    Doh!!

But a single-click select-&-highlight would be nice & quick ...... like "Quick"books (sorry.)

3. 3 Posted by ellentk on 10 Jul, 2009 03:24 AM

I'm used to Quicken, and agree that some things could be faster. Glad to help.

Ellen

4. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 30 Apr, 2010 05:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac