Input Page

Gary Johnson

03 Jul, 2020 09:21 PM

I have a suggestion that would put you way ahead of any competition. You should have an input page that allows you to type or choose the ledger account for each line individually. This way when you are putting in a week's worth of receipts, you don't have to move from tab to tab.

The page would look just like any one of your Account pages with an additional column on the far left that lets you type/choose the account you wish to use. Upon entry, of course, the transaction moves to the main Account tab.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 03 Jul, 2020 09:40 PM

I'm a fellow user.

This sounds like something that would be best implemented as an extension. That would require someone that can program in Java to do it but is something a knowledgable user could do.

2. 2 Posted by avp2 on 10 Aug, 2020 04:19 PM

I might not be getting the suggestion right, but it seems that MD already works this way, i.e. you click on an account in the left sidebar and, except for Investments, that account's register is displayed.

Maybe clicking an Investment should work the same way.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac