changing software

hdb

19 Aug, 2020 09:19 PM

Memorizing,voiding,and deleting transactions are three features that I am evaluating in MoneyDance for my church. These features are compared with Quickens 2015 version. Transaction Memorizing is a negative for moneydance, nevertheless, the church don't like quickens mandatory subscription purchasing option. Can anyone offer suggestions?

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 19 Aug, 2020 09:39 PM

just a user

What about transaction memorization is a negative?
    Knowing this would help in others offering suggestions.

From my experience, MD does have a "transaction offering" based on historical transactions. It may not be memorization, but there is also the Reminders area where you can set up specific "memorized" transactions to be created.

2. 2 Posted by hdb on 19 Aug, 2020 09:56 PM

is this a true memorization? Unlike Quickens, are MD options remotely close to that which I am accustom to in my current financial software?

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 19 Aug, 2020 10:22 PM

just a user - is the requirement to exactly match quicken? If so, fine, but sometimes different software implements things differently.

I guess my question (that I think would help others to offer suggestions) is what is it that you require for "memorization" that MD does not meet?

4. 4 Posted by hdb on 20 Aug, 2020 12:02 AM

is this a true memorization? Unlike Quickens, are MD options remotely close to that which I am accustom to in my current financial software?

5. 5 Posted by hdb on 20 Aug, 2020 12:08 AM

Thanks for the info.

6. System closed this discussion on 19 Nov, 2020 12:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac