Software functionality

G. Price

22 Aug, 2020 07:08 AM

The newest released version 2020.1919 is back to opening and for the beginning of operation running very slow. As in previous releases this was the case and fixed in version 2019.3.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Aug, 2020 07:17 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi G. Price

The current preview release is 2020.1(1924) maybe worth a try at https://infinitekind.com/preview

Certainly, fast on my Windows 10 and Linux computers.

As always do an EXPORT BACKUP before upgrading

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 22 Aug, 2020 09:23 AM

I'm a fellow user.

I can't say I've noticed any performance differences between the builds in 2020 versus 2019. I have both 2019 and 2020 installed on the one machine and startup times appear to be similar.

3. 3 Posted by jeff_l on 22 Aug, 2020 09:42 AM

Like Derek & dwg, I’ve not noticed any difference in startup times between any versions going back as far as I can remember.

I would double check that your data set is stored on your local hard drive & that if you have any Extensions installed that they are up to date. Remove any extensions you don’t use.

In Moneydance, If you go to Help → Console Window after you have loaded MD you should be able to view how many seconds various things are taking to load.

Jeff – fellow user

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 22 Aug, 2020 06:03 PM

Just to add to the above suggestion about looking at the console window: one of the most common causes of slowdowns is that you have outdated extensions installed. This should be reported in your logs, but you could also go through and remove any that you aren't using anymore anyway.

If there's nothing apparent in the logs, or you aren't sure how to make sense of them, you could also post the output in your reply and we can take a look. Just make sure that your logs don't contain any direct connection information to your bank, like account numbers, since this is a public thread.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by G Price on 22 Aug, 2020 10:51 PM

Thank you for the info, yes build 1924 did the trick and it operates as
    fast as 2019.3. So far no other problems detected.

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 23 Aug, 2020 07:22 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi G. Price

Glad my suggestion to try 2020.1(1924) worked for you.

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

7. System closed this discussion on 22 Nov, 2020 07:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac