Moneydance Bookkeeping Solution

Nicole

08 Oct, 2020 06:10 PM

Good afternoon!

I've been using Moneydance for my personal finances for over a year now and it's the best personal finance software I've ever used hands down. Before moving to Moneydance I had used Intuit, spreadsheets and Fortora Fresh Finance (now Moneyspire) and Moneydance is the most efficient and easy-to-use, this is only the second time I've come to the discussion board. That's outstanding!

In the past two weeks I've been scouring all the possibilities I can find for a small business bookkeeping and either it's waaaay too much software, it's too expensive for the small amount that I need, or it's simply horrible software. I'd like to urge you to use Moneydance either:
1. With the possibility of having two (or more) profiles, e.g. Personal Finances, Business Finances or
2. As the basis for a simple, new bookkeeping solution for small businesses such as mine.

You've created such a fantastic software--I'm never busy "using the software," I'm in Moneydance balancing my checkbook and checking my budget. There's a huge difference there, and I'd love it if you would provide this kind of solution for small businesses, too.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 08 Oct, 2020 08:40 PM

I'm a fellow user.

You can have as many data sets as you want today, you can create a new empty data set with the File --> New menu command.

Some users do use Moneydance as a basis for a small business, probably more of a home business, but really as a transaction recording mechanism, reports from which they give to their accountant.

If your needs are fairly minimal then this may suit you, certainly worth a try.

Moneydance would require a significant amount of work to be expanded even into a small business accounting package, you would need Profit and loss and balance sheet reporting. Debtor, creditor capability, Inventory, payroll etc. Even small business accounting requires significant capabilities it is just on a smaller scale to what a medium or large business requires. It would be a considerable expansion of Moneydance and would require significant resources put into the software to expand it to provide the capabilities that it would need, .

2. Maddy closed this discussion on 09 Oct, 2020 02:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac