Choice of Performance Graph Time Scales with Accurate Historical Securities Pricing

Mark

25 Aug, 2009 06:29 AM

Hi,

I have just finished creating and importing OFX data files for all of my accounts. With respect to my Investment Portfolio account, I just noticed the securities detail performance graphs only displays 3 months worth of data. Please offer your customers performance graphs with a choice of time scales with accurate historical securities pricing.

I've read previously that historical securities pricing data from finance.yahoo.com is inconsistent. I am wondering if Moneydance might offer complete and reliable historical securities pricing data. Moneydance would connect to a reliable service provider to obtain stock/securities data in order to generate historical performance graphs with user selectable scales, such as: a) 1 day b) 1 week c) 1 month d) 3 months e) 6 months f) 1 year g) 2 years h) 3 years or i) 5 years. I would love to see my data overlaid/highlighted on various historical time scale performance graphs. If necessary, I would be open to paying extra if this were available as an optional "premium" data service.

Incidentally, the built-in iPhone Stocks App allows you to chart the performance of your configured securities over different time scales. I find the 3 month scale in Moneydance to be extremely limited. It would be great if Moneydance also allowed users to create a watch list of securities that are separate from their portfolio. This would allow users to monitor the performance of securities that are under consideration for acquisition. This would be similar to the built-in iPhone Stocks App.

I am enjoying using Moneydance so far, but I look forward to improved OFX importing functionality (rules, better matching/override), greater Investment Portfolio functionality, and the Moneydance iPhone App.

Thanks very much,

Mark.

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 26 Aug, 2009 02:17 PM

Hi Mark

Currently Moneydance uses finance.yahoo.com as its only source of historical price data. The performance chart will display all data that is in the price history table for the security. For many securities yahoo only offer a limited data set for download and that is the reason that you can only see 3 months worth of data. We are investigating other potential sources of price date for future releases of Moneydance.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 06:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac