trouble with importing and syncing

David Carbone

23 Dec, 2015 01:57 PM

I purchased your app and am trying to transition to it from Quicken. When I tried to import my checking account data into your app, it did not work for me, though I was unsure exactly which file I should tell it to import. I then tried to automatically download from my bank (Huntington National Bank) and it failed with an error:

"There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Huntington National Bank

The error code reported by the server was: -9050

Not enrolled for PC Banking"

I have downloaded my account data for years into Quicken, so I am not sure what it means "not enrolled". I contacted the bank and they had never heard of MoneyDance and said they supported Quicken. Not sure what I should do.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 23 Dec, 2015 02:20 PM

Hi David,

Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that you can not connect in Moneydance.

Many financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started. "Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."
    Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use. 

Although you have previous connected with Quicken, there are two methods that personal finance software can use to access your accounts: Direct connect and Web connect. With Web connect, the software basically connects to your bank's website and downloads and imports OFX, QFX, QIF, and OFC files automatically.This is likely what you had been using with Quicken. Direct connect actually connects to a server at your bank instead of their website and usually requires different login credentials than you would use to log into your banks website. Moneydance only supports automatic connections through direct connect and not web connect.

I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. Jenny closed this discussion on 29 Dec, 2015 03:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 12:26 AM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM