How to transfer one checkin or credit card file from Quicken

Raymond Jessen

30 Dec, 2015 05:43 PM

I recently moved from Quicken for mac 2016 to Money Dance after a few disastrous Quicken updates. I set up money dance and transferred data without difficulty. I find that as the end of the year approaches I have an oversight. Last year several of my credit cards were compromised and were replaced with new cards. I placed the data for the old cards in the hidden file on quicken. At the end of the year I bring these out so they can be used to make reports on Quicken. This specific credit card information was not transferred to Moneydance and thus I cannot use Moneydance for this years reports. Is there a way to transfer this specific card information into the account information on Moneydance. I fear that if I bring these out in Quicken and try to transfer the entire account again I will undo all of my setup work in Moneydance. If this cannot be done I will have to wait until next year to use Moneydance in tax preparation.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tom Freeman on 30 Dec, 2015 06:07 PM

You can import a single account into MD. I am not sure you can easily export a single account from Quicken. I am referencing this:

https://qlc.intuit.com/questions/1097228-what-is-the-best-way-to-ex...

I think the easiest method might be to create a new Moneydance data set,. import your entire quicken file into the new data set. Confirm that your CC is as you wish, then export that one account and import into your current data set.

Be sure to set up the CC as an account in you current data set to make the import easier.

Tom Freeman
    Infinite Kind Support

2. Tom Freeman closed this discussion on 30 Dec, 2015 06:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 12:26 AM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM