Immediate problems with Help

oz

01 Jan, 2016 08:57 PM

When I click on "How do I add and remove accounts . . .", I get the following advice:

"You can remove groups of accounts from the Summary Page by clicking Moneydance → Preferences → Home Page."

Problem: there is no menu or tag for "Home Page." The Add Items" menu displayed does not appear. I'm dead in the water before I step into the boat.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 01 Jan, 2016 09:07 PM

It sounds like you want to perhaps create an account, the instructions you found relates to changing what is displayed on the summary page.

Have you looked at the Users Guide?

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/user-guides/moneydance-2015-user-guide

Or perhaps you colud expand on what you are trying to do.

2. 2 Posted by Roger Downey on 01 Jan, 2016 09:14 PM

The User’s guide is where I got the misleading instructions. They tell me to proceed to a link that doesn’t exist (please read my query thoroughly). There IS no tab for “Home.” Until I can get there, the User Guide is unusable.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Roger Downey
    [email blocked]
    206-285-4888

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 01 Jan, 2016 09:35 PM

The documentation is slightly out of date. The "home page" tab referred to in the documentation is called "Summary Page" in the current version.

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Roger Downey on 01 Jan, 2016 09:56 PM

I suspected that might be the case. But I still don’t see how to proceed. I do not have just one bank account at my principal bank: I have three—checking, saving, and an interest-bearing IRA-like drawing account. I don’t see how I can go about adding this account to my assets.

Likewise with my credit/debit cards: how do I get them to display? These seem like such obvious problems that I can’t understand why there isn’t a “Getting Started” tutorial. Or is there? If so, I haven’t found it.

Roger Downey
    [email blocked]
    206-285-4888

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 02 Jan, 2016 05:46 AM

To create new account in your data set, at least on Windows, you select Account --> New account from the menu bar at the top, follow the prompts and enter the appropriate information. This is documented on page 18 of the User guide.

You can create as many accounts as you require.

6. 6 Posted by Roger Downey on 02 Jan, 2016 04:26 PM

Just my luck; I’m on iOSX.

Roger Downey
    [email blocked]
    206-285-4888

7. 7 Posted by Ben Spencer on 02 Jan, 2016 04:28 PM

There is practically no difference between the mac and the windows version of Moneydance. On either mac or windows to create a new account go to the menu bar and select Account->New Account...

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

8. System closed this discussion on 02 Apr, 2016 04:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 12:26 AM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM