Switching from Quicken

Alex

07 Jan, 2016 05:00 PM

Hi,

I've used quicken for many years and kinda tired of it's cumbersome unpolished interface, so I'm looking for alternative tools. I'm looking at MoneyDance at the moment and would like to know following things:
1) Is there integration with AMEX?
2) Is there integration with Bank of America?
3) Do you provide trial licenses?

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Scott Meehan on 07 Jan, 2016 05:42 PM

Hi Alex,

Yes, Moneydance can directly download from American Express credit cards.

Bank of America has recently discontinued their support for new direct connect activations. However, if your account was activated for direct connect before they turned off support, you should still be able to connect in Moneydance. We're not sure how long this will continue to work, but you can try connecting with these settings:

Institution ORG: HAN
    Institution ID: 5959
    OFX Server URL: https://eftx.bankofamerica.com/eftxweb/access.ofx

You can enter these by going the Online->"Setup Online Banking" menu item and then clicking on the Advanced Setting button. Again, this will only work if your account has already been activated for direct connections.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program before you decide if you would like to purchase it. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test connections with your bank. If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from here:

http://infinitekind.com/downloads

For more information on how to get the most out of your trial period, check out our blog post on the subject.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance!

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. Scott Meehan closed this discussion on 07 Jan, 2016 05:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac