Can't Install Software

Joe Kiely

08 Jun, 2019 08:17 PM

I want to switch from Quicken. I'm trying to download the Moneydance software to my Windows 10 PC to try it out and make sure it works for me. I have selected the proper download from the site (Windows 7+), but when I download and click on the .exe file to start the installation, I get a message that says "This app cant run on your PC. Contact the software developer." How can I get the Moneydance software to install and open.

Second question: I have a .qdf file on a flash drive with all my financial info on it from the Quicken app. How can I import of download this into Moneydance?
Thanks. Joe Kiely.

1. 1 Posted by Joe Kiely on 08 Jun, 2019 08:31 PM

Further to my last inquiry, I think the problem may be that the software downloaded appears to be 64 bit, and I have a 32 bit computer/operating system. The Moneydance download options do not ask whether you have 32 bits or 64. Can I work around this somehow?

Also, please see my second question in the original query about how to import or download into Moneydance the .qdf file that contains all my financial info for probably the past 20 years.

Thank you.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 08 Jun, 2019 08:38 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Moneydance 2019 runs on Java 11.The latest version of Java, Java 11 only supports 64 bit operating systems, there is no workaround.

.qdf files can only be read by Quicken, no other software including Moneydance can open a .qdf file. You have to use Quicken to export your data to a .qif file.

Sorry

3. 3 Posted by JOSEPH KIELY on 08 Jun, 2019 11:29 PM

Thanks for the response, Derek. Kind of disheartening, but it is what it is. I’ll figure something out.

Sent from my iPhone

4. System closed this discussion on 07 Sep, 2019 11:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac