Split transactions

Karen Jones

06 Nov, 2019 08:00 PM

I am testing MoneyDance to see if it suits my purposes. One of my needs is to split transactions, i.e. separate paychecks into tax, SSA, etc. Or split a purchase into difference categories like household, clothing, personal. I am not finding a help category that mentions split transactions. What am I missing?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 06 Nov, 2019 08:10 PM

I'm a fellow user.

See the discussion on Split transactions in:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/register-and-transactions/ent...

An older article, but one that is still relevant, that concentrates specificially on splitting your pay is:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/archive-entering-transactions...

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 04 Dec, 2019 11:17 AM

Hi Karen,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

To add to the useful information provided by dwg, it might be worth mentioning that if you have a transaction with more than one split, then this symbol will be shown on the 'other side' of the split transaction. The symbol is assigned to each 'non-parent' portion of a split transaction.

If you'd like to test this, you'll see that If you create a transaction in 'Bank Account 1' which includes a split with both 'Bank Account 2' and 'Bank Account 3' - the transactions that appears in Bank Account 2 and 3, will have this symbol assigned to them.

Also, when you click a transaction to edit it, you can then press the keys 'Command/⌘' and 'L'. This will open the split window.
    When viewing the split window, press 'Command/⌘' and 'N' to create a new split line.
    When you're done, press 'Command/⌘' and 'W' to close the split window.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. System closed this discussion on 04 Mar, 2020 11:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac