Bad Information on Importing QIF From Quicken 2019

Kevin Kleinfelter

25 Nov, 2019 10:13 PM

The page at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/importing-data-from-other-programs/importing-from-quicken-2019 says "Quicken has removed the ability to export data in the QIF format in the 2019 version of the program." This is incorrect for at least some current editions of Quicken.

On November 25, 2019, I downloaded the USA edition of Quicken Deluxe (R23.17) from a new Quicken subscription and exported all accounts, categories, etc. to QIF. On another PC, using the same Quicken data, I did a similar export using Quicken 2017. The exports were byte-for-byte identical.

This was with a large Quicken data file, with transactions dating back to the mid-1990s, multiple bank accounts, a dozen credit cards, multiple investment accounts, multiple home loans, etc.

I'm still considering a switch to Moneydance, but reporting incorrect information about one's competition is undesirable.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 27 Nov, 2019 10:26 AM

Hi Kevin,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support and for reporting the mistake.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and be reassured that the information has been updated accordingly.
    Our objective is to support our customers finding a solution in terms of using Moneydance and not to persuade them not to use other financial software.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 26 Feb, 2020 10:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac