Compatability

Erik Johnson

07 Mar, 2020 07:02 PM

Will Money dance run on a surface pro X

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 07 Mar, 2020 07:36 PM

Hello,

Moneydance should run on all 64-bit installations of Windows 10, which I believe the default configuration for the Surface Pro currently is, but you may want to check to make sure.

You can also just try the program for yourself. I encourage you to download our free trial version from http://infinitekind.com/downloads and experiment with the program before you decide if you would like to purchase it. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test things like importing from other programs and connections with your bank. If you decide to purchase the program at a later date (from http://infinitekind.com/purchase) you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions.

In case you haven't found it yet, detailed information on how to use the program can be found at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Erik Johnson on 07 Mar, 2020 07:44 PM

I have moneydance on a MAC so I’m alreay a user, but I’m trying to determine if I should buy the surface pro x, so I can’t buy it and use the trial method.

From what I’ve read the Surface Pro X uses an ARM64 chip and some apps won’t run on that. So I guess I’m asking if Moneydance can support that chip.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 07 Mar, 2020 07:57 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I do not believe that Moneydance 2019 will run on the Surface Pro X.

This device as I understand it uses an ARM64 processor, as you say, and therefore requires ARM64 bit versions of Applications, Moneydance does not have an ARM64 bit version. It is supposed to work with Intel 32 bit software so may work with Moneydance 2017 32 bit.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 07 Mar, 2020 08:55 PM

Ah, thank you, I didn't think about looking into the processor itself. If it is an ARM64 processor, then Moneydance 2019 likely would not work on it.

I'm honestly not sure about the earlier versions. I've read that 32-bit programs should still be compatible, but I don't believe we've tested this particular cofiguration. I'll ask our development people, but maybe others in the Moneydance community have tried Moneydance 2017 on one of these systems and can offer their perspective.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac