Cheque number displayed truncated

tgilbert666

15 Mar, 2020 12:30 AM

I'm new-ish to moneydance so hopefully there's a trick or a tweak that I've overlooked.

My Cheque# are 11 characters long, typically of a format "QIFyyyymm##".

I've been using this format with Quicken for years and have THOUSANDS of downloaded/imported transactions with this reference type.

So far as I can see, other than editing the transaction, md gives me no way of seeing the two most significant numbers (see attached).

I've plenty of spare screen realestate, so my questions are:
1. Is there a way to permanently modify or configure column width in the transaction register?
2. Is there a way to make a particular column (in my case, Cheque#) display RIGHT-justified so the significant digits aren't lost?
3. Is there some other tip/trick that I'm missing? (And no, I have no intention of modifying my data reference points dating back to last century!! I might consider modifying them from here forward, but I think I would more likely look for an alternative to md although I do find md generally excellent). If md ACCEPTS 11 chars, it should allow display of 11 chars!

Am I the only one striking this problem? (md 2019.4(1897) on Win10) I couldn't find anything in the discussions or kb?
I've tried reducting font sizes, but that doesn't provide a satisfactory solution due to other impacts.

Cheers,
Tony

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 15 Mar, 2020 12:41 AM

I'm a fellow user.

In the header you can see vertical lines between the fields. Hold your cursor over one of these click and hold the left mouse button down and you should be able to drag the line in order to make the column wider. What you do not get is the double header arrow that you may be familiar with.

2. 2 Posted by tgilbert666 on 15 Mar, 2020 12:49 AM

Thanks dwg.

I just this minute remembered that from one of your earlier responses!!
    Doh.

Maddy, perhaps you could attach this thread to the existing enhancement
    request for the double-headed arrow please?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 15 Mar, 2020 08:13 PM

I've attached the relevant suggestion ticket. Moneydance should remember your column width settings after you adjust them, so hopefully this will be a one-time adjustment for your accounts.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• md_hides_cheque_.png 31.9 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac