Customer support

Mauri Kei

24 Mar, 2020 06:40 PM

Does anyone know if these messages reach anyone? I have been trying via private discussions to ask a question, without result. There is no phone or paid support?

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 24 Mar, 2020 07:42 PM

just a user,

They just have this forum for support. You might publish your issue here publicly and get quicker answers from other users

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 24 Mar, 2020 08:38 PM

I'm a fellow user.

The private issues forum is certain viewable by the support staff. I would suggest you post you issue here and see if your fellow users can offer any insights.

If you are dissatisfied with the lack of response from support and want to take it further I can only suggest you complain to the owner.

With Moneydance that means Sean Reilly and his email is

sreilly (at) infinitekind (dot) com

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 24 Mar, 2020 08:56 PM

On the question on phone or paid support.

Moneydance is sold worldwide. The costs and resources required to offer phone support on this sort of scale are extremely high, they are well beyond the scope of what a small software company could possibly provide, generally it is only the largest corporations that can do this.

Paid support is usually built on top of a phone support capability, it usually requires the underpinnings of what you do in phone support - call logging capabilities for example, but then get into the areas like service levels, response times etc.

Using tools like support forums is a way for small companies to offer support for their products while keeping costs under control. From what I have seen the software that Moneydance uses - Tender - is one of the better tools. What all the tools need though is the involvement of the support staff.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 24 Mar, 2020 10:55 PM

Hi Mauri,

I've responded to your "private" thread earlier today.

Please keep us posted on your progress, Thank you!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

5. Maddy closed this discussion on 24 Mar, 2020 10:55 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac