Check# Items

William Simmons Jr.

30 Jun, 2020 09:44 AM

After importing my data from Quicken 2017, I'm unable to batch change the "Check# Items" if they already have "[ ]" from the import. Example attached.

I love Moneydance and have purchased a license.

Thanks for your help!

William Simmons Jr.

1. 1 Posted by dantdavis on 01 Jul, 2020 04:18 AM

just a user, but if I have it right, any check# items with brackets aren't "really there" in that item, but are a reflection on the "other side" of the transaction - ie note many of these say [TXFR] --- if you wanted to batch change them (and hold on for advice from someone more knowledgeable than me) - you'd probably need to go to the "other side" of the transaction.

Just info - and not the most informed info, honestly.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 01 Jul, 2020 05:19 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Correct.

Items in square brackets means the value is coming from the Check # field on the other side of the transaction. You can certainly "replace" it with a specific string if you want to, what you would be doing is setting a value in the field, and you can have different values on each side of the transaction in this field, however I do not see batch change working in this account because there is no actual value in the field to change, the field is empty at this stage,

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• reg.png 17.6 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac