Changing PC platforms

Paul Meierbachtol

01 Jul, 2022 05:20 PM

I recently purchased Moneydance for a Microsoft PC platform on a rather old computer. We are looking to move to an Apple PC. Will I be able to download the program for Apple based on my recent purchase, i.e., will I have to pay for the program again?

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 01 Jul, 2022 05:27 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Paul

When you purchase Moneydance from this site the licence allows you to install it on as many computers in the same household for non-commercial uses as you like, on any operating system, Windows, Mac or Linux.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by dtd on 02 Jul, 2022 04:20 AM

just a user - the license will work on the same version, but not necessarily on newer versions, so check your PC version to see what you are using.

If your version is particularly old, it may not work on Monterey, as Apple likes to break old versions of software.

If you do want/need to upgrade from an earlier version, there may be a charge.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 02 Jul, 2022 10:56 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Apple is not concerned about backward compatibility so in general we find that a newer version of macOS will often require an upgrade to Moneydance.

Windows and Linux are far more amenable at running older versions of Moneydance. Specifically for macOS Monterey we would suggest Moneydance 2022.2 as a minimum

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 02 Jul, 2022 09:14 PM

All of the above comments are accurate. If you let us know which version you are currently using we could be more specific about if you will likely need to upgrade or not (mostly because of the Apple operating system issues dwg mentions above). There's also no harm in trying to install your present version on your new computer, but it likely won't work if it's more than a few versions old, and you'd then need to purchase a discounted upgrade.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac