some questions before migrating to Moneydance

Siavash

13 Nov, 2023 07:46 AM

Hello, I have a few questions and would value your prompt response:

Are there any restrictions in the Free version? It appears to function effectively; do I need to buy a license, and if so, what are the limitations?
I visited https://infinitekind.com/purchase-2023. Could you clarify the difference between Sunset with a one-time payment and a subscription with yearly payment?
Is there an option for a ONE TIME payment for Moneydance instead of a subscription?
Appreciate your assistance.

Best regards,
Siavash

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 13 Nov, 2023 08:13 AM

• all versions are fully functional. However, until registered, the register txn limit is 100 txns.

• yes you can just buy MD with a one off purchase, and never pay again.

• you can also optionally pay for md+ subscription which is bank downloads via Plaid. Note ofx/dc and manual imports are free.

• I think there’s a scheme where you can pay subscription for MD and MD+.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 13 Nov, 2023 08:22 AM

I'm a fellow user.

There is no free version of Moneydance.

Initially Moneydance is in trial mode which allows for 100 manually entered transactions and no limits on imported data. It is intended this mode be primarily used to evaluate the software.

Sunset is a policy where software versions are withdrawn and no longer available, Moneydance software is not subject to sunset policies. Very old versions are still available for download, how useful a really old version is, is another story.

The primary way to license Moneydance is a one off payment for the version purchased and that includes an upgrade to the next major release, upgrades past that are available at a 50% discount (for software purchased directly from the company)

If you want to use the Moneydance+ option to automatically download transactions that will require a subscription for that service - there is a service provider that has to be paid. As a convenience Moneydance is offered with Moneydance+ as a total subscription product, few people seem to take that option.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 13 Nov, 2023 10:23 AM

Hi Siavash,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

If you haven't already, we would encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program prior to consider purchasing a license.

You can download the trial version of Moneydance from our website on this page.

The trial version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test downloading data from your bank, and importing data from other personal finance software.

If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all data you have entered during the trial period.

To find out more about the subscription plans that include Moneydance +, please refer to this article.

It may also, be useful seeing this.

In conclusion, you can purchase a license at $65.00 and subscribe to Moneydance + (if you require this service, for example: if your bank do not support the Direct Connect). You could choose between the monthly plan at $4 or the yearly plan at $40.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Siavash Pirsiav... on 13 Nov, 2023 10:32 AM

Thanks dear Maddy,
    I have downloaded the trial version and I am happy to purchase lifetime license.
    Regards,

Siavash

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 13 Nov, 2023 12:09 PM

You are welcome, Siavash!

I'm very pleased to hear that.

I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

6. Maddy closed this discussion on 13 Nov, 2023 12:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac