Migration from Quicken 2015 & Other Questions

's Avatar

frenchwmc

23 Aug, 2015 10:25 AM

Dear Moneydance Representative,

I'm considering switching to your product from 2015 Quicken, I have several questions:
1. Is there a utility to transfer all banking, loan, financial investment accounts and all transaction history into Money Dance (Financial history goes back about 25-30 years)?
2. Do you support direct links to download transactions from Citizen Bank, Vanguard, Fidelity, Patriot Federal Credit Union, Discover, MBNA Visa, and American Express?
3. What level of technical support is provided to new customers switching to Moneydance?
4. Where can I get more detailed information regarding the functionality, features, and capabilities of your software product?
5. Is there on-line tutorials or users guides to support end users with this product?
6. Do you provide cloud backups to stored financial data and is that included in software package or separate fee for that service (assuming it is offered)?
7. What security features and controls do you have in place and/or integrated into your product?

With the recent announcement of Intuit spinning off Quicken, this is a key decision point for me and I would appreciate your time and assistance in helping me make an informed decision.

Sincerely,
William French

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 26 Nov, 2015 01:55 PM

Hi William,

Please accept my apologies for our delayed response, somehow your enquiry slipped through the cracks!

1. You can transfer your data files from Quicken, The following article details how you can do this - http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/importing-data-from-banks-and-other...
      There is not a limitation with the file size in Moneydance and no issues with multiple banks and multiple accounts. There should be no problem with your transition from Quicken.

2. You can view a list of our supported financial institutions here - http://infinitekind.com/fi
      If your bank is not listed then unfortunately your financial institution does not support direct OFX connections, which Moneydance (and other financial software) requires in order to talk directly to a bank.
      The best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

3. Technical support is offered via these discussions. We aim to respond within 48 hours, however, unfortunately we somehow missed this enquiry when you originally posted your questions. Please accept my apologies for that.

4. I would recommend reading the User Guide if you haven't already. This has lots of useful information about getting started, and details how to use features and functions.

5. Unfortunately we do not have online tutorials at this time. As well as the User Guide linked above, we also have a knowledge base which includes answers to frequently asked questions - http://help.infinitekind.com/kb

6. Within the Moneydance Menu --> Preferences, you can amend your back-up options, and determine when and where your files are backed up.

7. Moneydance can encrypt your data file for increased security. Your data file must be encrypted to store passwords for your online banking direct connect enabled accounts. You can read more about that here - http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/program-basics/how-do-i-encrypt-my-...

Once again, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
    I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. Jenny closed this discussion on 26 Nov, 2015 01:55 PM.

3. William French re-opened this discussion on 15 Dec, 2015 12:23 AM

4. 2 Posted by William French on 15 Dec, 2015 12:23 AM

Jenny,

Thanks for responding. I downloaded the free trial and followed the guideline for transferring my account and associated data without success. My account balances and transactions were not accurate even when I limited the import to only 12-months; combined with the limited interfaces to financial institutions (OFX connectivity). This was disappointing and has left me undecided as to what I hoped would be a viable alternative to Quicken. Thanks for the additional reference links.
    Regards,
    Bill

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 15 Dec, 2015 09:02 AM

Hi Bill,

I am sorry that our product did not meet your needs.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

6. Jenny closed this discussion on 15 Dec, 2015 09:02 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac