Import from QIF File Incomplete

Jennifer

08 Nov, 2015 02:13 AM

I am trying to migrate from Quicken 2015 for Mac. I followed the import instructions, and successfully pulled over my auto loans and savings. However, my checking account only pulled information from 2001 to July 2014. I have exported from Quicken three times and started over three times, ensuring the export date range is correct. It still only imports to MD through July 2014. Please help. I spent all day trying to fix Quicken issues caused by the upgrade and really don't want to suffer along with them any more.

Also, is there a way to import scheduled transactions/budget reminders? I have a lot of those...

1. 1 Posted by Jennifer on 08 Nov, 2015 03:42 AM

I didn't want to wait for a response. Took me another 90 minutes but I finally have success with the checking account and I manually entered the scheduled transactions.

HOWEVER: I cannot add online banking to either loan account. The "Set up online banking" dropdown is grayed out. How can I get these accounts to be set up with online banking at their respective banks?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Jenny on 11 Nov, 2015 11:20 AM

Hi Jennifer,

Please accept my apologies that you did not get a response sooner.

Moneydance does not support importing data into loan accounts. The reason being that it should not be necessary. If you are making your loan payments from one of your bank accounts when you download transactions for that bank account it will include debits for the loan payments. When you categorise these loan payments in the bank account, with the loan account as the category, the corresponding matching entry in the loan account will be created.

As a new user, I would highly recommend checking out the User Guide, which has lots of information about getting started.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

3. Jenny closed this discussion on 11 Nov, 2015 11:20 AM.

4. Jennifer re-opened this discussion on 11 Nov, 2015 01:32 PM

5. 3 Posted by Jennifer on 11 Nov, 2015 01:32 PM

That works perhaps in theory. But the reality is that many people track loan payments to the day. Other personal banking programs (Quicken) allow the user to view total loan balance including accrued interest and how their payment was applied: principal vs. interest. You should reconsider this in future releases.

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Jenny on 12 Nov, 2015 01:41 PM

Hi Jennifer,

I am sorry that our product does not meet your needs.
    I can see that my colleague, Ben, is dealing with your refund request.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

7. Jenny closed this discussion on 12 Nov, 2015 01:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac