File Size

jyeagley3

17 Nov, 2015 01:56 PM

My Quicken Data File is currently 34,272 KB
When I created the QIF File it is only 1007 KB
I did try to export all of the accounts at once into 1 single QIF File but it's a little scary that the size is so much different.
I have been using Quicken for about 7 years now and Quicken 2015 Deluxe has me completely disgusted when I try to download my 6 accounts from PNC Bank. There's too many types of connections and you don't have control which one most accounts use. There's Express Web Connect, Web Connect, and Direct Connect which is supposed to be the best.
Anyhow I'm very interested in Moneydance but want to check a few things first.
Thanks for any help
Jerry

1. 1 Posted by Scott Meehan on 17 Nov, 2015 06:53 PM

Hi Jerry,

I'm not exactly sure what the Quicken data file stores and therefore what causes the discrepancy in the file sizes, so I would suggest importing the QIF file and see if the transactions match.

Moneydance only supports "Direct Connect" connections, so that will simplify the connection selection process for you.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program before you decide if you would like to purchase it. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test connections with your bank. If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from here:

http://infinitekind.com/downloads

For more information on how to get the most out of your trial period, check out our blog post on the subject.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance!

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by jyeagley3 on 17 Nov, 2015 09:49 PM

Jerry Yeagley
    [email blocked]

3. Scott Meehan closed this discussion on 18 Nov, 2015 02:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac