I've been along time user of Quicken (since it's inception in the 90s)

mdwebneck

29 Nov, 2015 01:54 PM

Until 2009, I was a big fan of quicken, but then the developers developed a Microsoftish ego and felt they could fix something, (that wasn't broke), by adding new features.
The effort to incorporate these new features either eliminated functionality of others or corrupted their stability.
I was also a user of Turbotax even before it was bought by intuit (Personal Tax Edge)
I've been searching the web more diligently for the past 2-3 years for a replacement, but noticed in the review one item that keeps me from immediately buying your software.

In the Review, it indicates there is no tax software export capability in your software. I will be jumping the turbotax ship this year, but would still be looking to import a financial mgmt report into the HR Block tax software.

Does Infinite kind / MoneyDance have a remedy for this shortcoming?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 30 Nov, 2015 11:14 AM

Hi,

Because of the nature of the software, I doubt we will ever be able to directly sync with TurboTax. We do provide an extension for exporting to TXF, which you can download here. As i'm sure you know, TXF is the accepted standard used by financial and tax preparation software. Once you have downloaded the extension, you can add this to Moneydance, within Extensions --> Manage Extensions --> Add from File.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program before you decide if you would like to purchase it. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test importing your data.
    If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from here:
    http://infinitekind.com/downloads

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. Jenny closed this discussion on 30 Nov, 2015 11:14 AM.

3. mdwebneck re-opened this discussion on 07 Dec, 2015 11:08 PM

4. 2 Posted by mdwebneck on 07 Dec, 2015 11:08 PM

Import of qif file was less than satisfactory result., it only brought over
    one account.
    Moneydance is not ready for my use.

*Jim C,*

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 08 Dec, 2015 02:15 PM

Hi Jim,

I am sorry to hear you were unable to import your data. When you imported your qif file did you follow this instructions in the following knowledge base article - http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/importing-data-from-banks-and-other...

One step that is often over looked is that it is necessary to set the source on the import page to "From another program" rather than "From a downloaded file". If you did not do that please try importing the file again with that option selected.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 4 Posted by SGW on 13 Dec, 2015 04:02 PM

Jenny: It seems that you could answer a question. I cannot "do the experiment" with the trial version as the question relates to a potential gift purchase for someone whose computer I do not have. So, currently the person uses Quicken on a Windows machine. Can the data, specifically checkbook history, addresses for bill-paying and other personal data, be imported into Moneydance used with a Mac.
    Briefly the question is: Quicken/PC data --> Moneydance/Mac ?
    Thanks,
    Steve

7. 5 Posted by dwg on 13 Dec, 2015 07:35 PM

You can export data from Quicken on Windows and import it into Moneydance on a Mac however due to limitations in the QIF file format it will only be the transaction information that can be migrated.

There is no common financial data file format that allows for bill payer and other ancillary information to be migrated between applications.

8. Jenny closed this discussion on 14 Jan, 2016 03:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac