SyncSpace Proxy Settings?

George Goodband

26 Feb, 2013 09:05 AM

Hi All,

We're currently trying to set up SyncSpace on our class set of I-Pads for our Chemistry teachers to use in their lessons. Everything is going fine however when we try to share drawings or join other users drawings it won't display anything. We think this may be something to do with our proxy server so I was wondering if there is anywhere in SyncSpace I am able to add in proxy settings or if there are any exceptions I can add to our proxy.pac file. All of the I-Pad's will be running on the same WiFi network.

Thanks for any help in advance!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Reilly on 26 Feb, 2013 04:01 PM

Hello!

SyncSpace uses the built-in HTTP framework in iOS so it should work with the system proxy settings. If you can't access a shared drawing with SyncSpace then could you try to open that drawing's URL ( from the Sync Icon -> Copy Sharing Link menu) in mobile Safari on the same device to see if if shows and updates the drawing?

If it is possible to bypass your proxy you might get better results since SyncSpace uses a streaming trick with the HTTP server. In theory it should work with HTTP proxies, but I've known a lot of HTTP proxies that behave in odd ways.

If you'd like to try adding an exception to the proxy then the hostname that SyncSpace is connecting to is syncsp.com on port 80.

Thanks,
    Sean

2. Sean Reilly closed this discussion on 26 Feb, 2013 04:01 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac