What protocol is used?

Esa

09 Apr, 2013 09:32 AM

Hi,
I just wonder what do need to enable in wireless network for two iPads to connect or should I say find the other iPad which is sharing its workspace with SyncSpace? mDNS propably but I think I need more detailed information to get this working in Cisco controller environment.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Reilly on 09 Apr, 2013 09:44 AM

Hi Esa,

It should actually be simpler than using mDNS. To share a drawing between any number of iPads, you can do the following:
    1) Enable sharing for the drawing (tap the sync "chasing arrows" button then turn the "Enable Sharing toggle on". This will establish a URL for that document. 2) While still in the sharing popup, select one of the options to send the URL to another: * Invite via Email * Invite via iMessage * Copy sharing link (which you can then send to someone else via email, IM, or whatever method you like)

If you send the URL to someone, they can then open the drawing either in a web browser (for a read-only, but still with zooming and streaming updates, view) or by tapping the "Edit in SyncSpace" link on the web page.

Once sharing is enabled for an open drawing it will appear in the "Nearby" tab in SyncSpace on someone else's iPad if they are on the same local network and mDNS/Rendezvous isn't blocked. This method will only discover drawings that are currently open and that are discoverable on your local network. Please note that mDNS in this case is only used to broadcast the existence of a shared drawing. All syncing actually goes through the drawing's URL.

Please let me know if this doesn't fully answer the question. Also, if you find SyncSpace useful, please consider rating it on the app store so that others can find it.

Thanks!
    Sean

2. Sean Reilly closed this discussion on 09 Apr, 2013 09:44 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac