SyncSpace won't come up on my iPad anymore

doumer

20 Jun, 2013 09:37 PM

I have been using SyncSpace to collaborate with 3 different people over the internet for the last month. Today, I tried to bring it up to see work on a space I'm sharing with another person.

I get the welcome screen from SyncSpace for a few seconds and then it disappears to my home screen on my iPad. I tried to delete SyncSpace and reinstall it. It won't reinstall either. I had a picture of a cloud w/ a down arrow on it. When I click on that, I get an "install" button for a moment and barometer on the icon. It stops after a few seconds and doesn't install.

I called Apple, they walked me through installing the Free SyncSpace app. That downloaded fine and I am able to run it. They said the problem is the app and to contact you for assistance.

That is where I currently stand with my problem. I'd like it to start working again.

Doumer Liu
408 509 0254

1. 1 Posted by doumer on 20 Jun, 2013 11:36 PM

Here's a little more information that could be helpful.

The person I was planning on working with today said SyncSpace stopped working for him too. We had been collaborating on the same shared space for a couple weeks. He told me his installation was on an old iPad (classic?). He also said he was using the Free version of SyncSpace.

I have a 64 GB iPad 2 and I was the one that originated the infinite space we were working on .

I hope this extra information helps.

Doumer

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Sean Reilly on 21 Jun, 2013 09:22 AM

Hello,

I'm very sorry for this error. We're preparing an update to SyncSpace that should hopefully fix this problem. Would you mind registering with our beta test system so that we could ensure that the new development version works with your drawing (and hopefully get you back running again ASAP)?

To install this version, you'll need to register your iPad with TestFlight, which you can do here:
      http://tflig.ht/AliDSY

I'll get a notification once you've registered and will build a copy of SyncSpace for you that will hopefully be able to open your drawing.

Thanks!
    Sean

3. Sean Reilly closed this discussion on 21 Jun, 2013 09:22 AM.

4. doumer re-opened this discussion on 21 Jun, 2013 05:31 PM

5. 3 Posted by doumer on 21 Jun, 2013 05:31 PM

Hello Sean,

I've installed testflight. Let me know what's next.

Thanks for the help.

Doumer Liu
    408-509-0254

Sent from my iPad

6. 4 Posted by doumer on 21 Jun, 2013 05:38 PM

Hi Sean,

I wanted to let you know. I was able to download SyncSpace last night. Something cut loose apparently. I'm not sure what. But I downloaded the Free one w/ no problem and was ready to move forward with the work I was doing with this other person. A few hours later, I gave it a try and the installation came down for the SyncSpace I had paid for and reinstallation was successful. Only,since deleted the previous installation, I had lost about a dozen spaces I had shared. It's not a huge loss. When we finish sharing, the information is moot. So no worries.

Anyway…I'm excited to be able to use the beta test version. I hope the improvements make SyncSpace a better product. It's a good idea w just OK tools. I'll have some ideas to share when I've seen what you all have done.

Thanks again,

Doumer

7. 5 Posted by doumer on 23 Jun, 2013 02:41 PM

Hi Sean,

I'm waiting for you, right?

Doumer Liu
    408-509-0254

Sent from my iPad

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by Sean Reilly on 23 Jun, 2013 10:55 PM

Hi Doumer,

Yes, sorry about the delay. I've just updated the provisioning file with your device ID which will allow you to install beta version of SyncSpace on your iPad. A new version of the app with that provisioning file is rebuilding as I write this. You should be able to install the app (called SyncSpace β) from testflight in a few minutes. This won't be able to recover your old shared files, but if you still have the syncing/sharing URLs for those files then they can be reloaded into the app and fully recovered.

This beta version should be able to load larger files faster than previous releases. I should warn you though that the text tool is in the middle of being rewritten and so is in a broken state. You may also receive some alert warnings if bluetooth is not enabled on your iPad because of some new code related to bluetooth stylus support.

Please note that this version will install as a separate app from the SyncSpace versions that you've installed from the app store, so it won't affect any drawings that you have created in those.

Thanks!
    Sean

9. Sean Reilly closed this discussion on 23 Jun, 2013 10:55 PM.

10. Sean Reilly re-opened this discussion on 23 Jun, 2013 10:59 PM

11. Support Staff 7 Posted by Sean Reilly on 23 Jun, 2013 10:59 PM

Also, here's the direct link to install the latest build through TestFlight:
       http://testflightapp.com/install/d73d21e772ec63b5eadb09609bfade55-NTQ5NTk1Mw/

Thanks,
    Sean

12. 8 Posted by doumer on 02 Jul, 2013 06:41 PM

Hi Sean,

I have brought up SyncSpace B (beta) and it seems my side is pretty stable. I've been using this app to tutor a student who lives about 20 miles from me. I believe he is on an Apple iPad generation 1. I am on an iPad 2, and like I said, the latest release seems to have stabilized things.

The student, however, still locks up and has tried to do things like delete his installation of SyncSpace to resolve things. He has spotty success so far at best. Are we able to get him trying the beta version as well?

Thanks for all your help.

Doumer

BTW: I like the new features. It is really nice to have the extra tools for sharing a photo and a map or web view.

13. Support Staff 9 Posted by Sean Reilly on 04 Jul, 2013 01:06 AM

Hi Doumer,

Sure, if it's just one student we can let them install the same development build if they register their device at the following link:
       https://rink.hockeyapp.net/recruit/323b524e2df14df1b77567b76fa2009b

(note that's a different link because we're switching to a new system for distributing beta builds)

Thanks!
    Sean

14. Sean Reilly closed this discussion on 04 Jul, 2013 01:06 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac