Syncing blocked

Ph

15 Feb, 2018 11:59 AM

I used to sync my MD files between several PCs through the "shared folder" method. Recently it stopped working and the file>syncing... option is now blocked to "Sync Method: don't sync", with no possibilities to change it. How do I overcome this?
Thanks

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 15 Feb, 2018 04:12 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

You don’t state what build of Moneydance 2017 you have on your computers. You can check version/build under HELP – ABOUT MONYDANCE.

If it’s your second computer, under FILE – SYNCING that the syncing method cannot be changed, then this as it should be.

If it’s the primary computer on which you can’t change the syncing method then the most likely reason for your problem is that you restored a backup from your second computer. The computer set to sync by using FILE – NEW – OPEN SYNCED FILE

Where have you set your primary and second computer auto backups to be stored? Could it be in a same shared folder. See under FILE – PREFERENCES – BACKUP. If this is the case then the backup could be of the second computer if it was the last to be shut down overwriting a primary computer backup of the same day.
    If this is the case you need to try to find a backup created from your primary computer and restore from that.

If you can’t find a primary computer backup or don’t believe this is how the problem occurred then there may be a way to fix the issue. I have never had this problem so try this fix at your own risk. Take another backup before you do anything. See this thread were support offers a solution. Post 5
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/general-questions/39212-ca...

When you solve the problem update all your computers to the at least the latest released build of 2017 from https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by Philippe Comtes... on 15 Feb, 2018 06:46 PM

Thank you very much for your help.

As I have no access to the primary computer (which sits in South-America
    while I'm presently in Europe), I tried the last solution you suggested,
    which actually converts secondary MD files to primary files, allowing to
    reinitialize the syncing process - and it worked fine.

3. System closed this discussion on 17 May, 2018 06:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac