Syncing via DropBox between a Mac and PC

CAG

19 Feb, 2018 01:32 AM

My husband set up Money Dance on his Mac and started to enter data.
He set up a sync to DropBox.

Then I installed MoneyDance on my PC and set up a similar arrangement.

On my PC, after inputting a bunch of data and saving, has only one attribute for syncing - Don't Sync.
I did not make this choice, it was a default following a save and re-opening of the program.

Is there a preference that needs to be set on a PC to get sync to remain active between sessions?

A cross check with the 2015 online PDF manual suggests that sync should continue to allow all three options of:
          don't sync
          dropbox
          shared folder

When we do this as a one time option, we choose dropbox the first time.
Should we choose a shared folder within dropbox instead?

Options greatly appreciated.

thanks

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 19 Feb, 2018 07:53 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

You don’t state which version and build of Moneydance you are running. See under HELP – ABOUT MONEYDANCE. The way syncing works is totally different between 2015 and 2017. Using 2017 you must leave your data set on your hard drive, not in Dropbox.
    Assuming you are using 2017 ensure both computers are running the latest released build see https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software
    You should also use the syncing method Dropbox Folder, the most flexible method, which requires at least the free version of Dropbox client installed on both your computers. The following set of articles assumes both computers are using the same Dropbox account. see http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data
    You set up syncing on the primary computer under FILE – SYNCING and on the second computer you sync by FILE – NEW – OPEN SYNCED FILE.

Hope this helps

2. System closed this discussion on 21 May, 2018 08:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac