I can not sync between my computers

arturo nelson

02 Apr, 2018 10:43 PM

Dear Monedance

I have a meeting with my accountant tomorrow
I want to take my money dance on my laptop
So I’m trying to sync with my Desk Top
But when I try the dropbox connection option. It only makes a sound and doen’t allow me to continue.
I try by sync folder but never was able to open the folder

Hope you can help
My meeting is tomorrow 8am

Thanks

Arturo Nelson

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 03 Apr, 2018 07:11 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

You have given very little information, for example what version and build of Moneydance you are running. Assuming it is 2017 and both your computers are running windows, read on.

As you have left yourself so little time to sort things out I would suggest you take the simplest approach and copy your data set to your laptop.

Make sure you are running the same version build on both computers. See under HELP ABOUT MONEYDANCE. e.g. 2017.7.1(1671). Update from https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

Always do a FILE – EXPORT BACKUP first.

On your desktop click HELP – SHOW DOCUMENT FOLDER. This will open a file explorer at the default data set location. Close Moneydance. Your data set is a folder not a file containing other folders and files. Its naming convention is yourdatasetname.moneydance. Copy this folder to the same location on your laptop. Open Moneydance on your laptop. It will either open in the Welcome to Moneydance window and your data set will be the right, click on that. If it opens into Moneydance click FILE – OPEN and click on your data set.

When you have more time post again to get syncing working.

Hope this helps

2. System closed this discussion on 03 Jul, 2018 07:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac