No CAtegory that references my problem

Ewan Paterson

05 Nov, 2018 06:51 PM

Good evening I am trying to import a MD file from an earlier version of moneydance. 2014 (986) into a recently downloaded version. we have been using this as an on vessel accounts format to send to our accountants ashore. They seem to have no issue with this form of exporting to email then they receive the file (no apparent extension on the attachment in the email). Unfortunately I do have an issue when the Purser copies me in on the email. I have recently downloaded the software (not paid for yet) for me to review that accounts. On the 2014 version we just export the file range to our 2018 folder then copy and send the file in an email to the accountants. however when I access the file and try and open it on another laptop using a different version (newer) it comes up with an error code "not recognized file format ". Can you assist in anyway. This is a problem we have had for years now and i have always had to go to the Pursers computer to view the data for that month. surely there is an easier way of me taking the file form our server and then simply opening it on my version of Moneydance? I do realize you can now drop box sync the latest data however i would prefer to just open the file from the email?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 05 Nov, 2018 07:21 PM

Hi Ewan,

Data files from different versions of Moneydance are non-compatible.

You all need to use the same version of Moneydance.

If you are having no issues with MD 2014, then you can d/l it from here:
    http://infinitekind.com/previous-versions-of-moneydance

I can't speak to how the Moneydance licensing policy would play out in your particular situation.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by mhoggie on 06 Nov, 2018 02:57 AM

just a user,

Wouldn't this form of communications be better served with a Transaction report or something similar? You could print the report to a PDF file and share information easily.

3. System closed this discussion on 05 Feb, 2019 03:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac