Syncing with Iphone and Ipad

ekbrenner82

05 Jul, 2017 03:08 PM

My computer (Windows 10) crashed in mid June. The tech saved my Moneydance data but I have reloaded the MD app on both my IPhone and Ipad and cant get them synced. Is there any advice you can give me?
Also, have the 2015 version of MD and would like to know if there is an update, I love the program and use it daily!

Thanks,
Eric Brenner

1. 1 Posted by Henry on 06 Jul, 2017 07:18 AM

Hi Eric Brenner,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the computer crash.
    Can you try resetting Dropbox syncing to see if that fixes the issue you're seeing? First, go to File -> Syncing in Moneydance and disable Dropbox syncing. Then, close Moneydance and, using the Dropbox app or website interface, delete the:

.moneydancesync

folder in your Dropbox folder. Next, re-open Moneydance and re-enable Dropbox syncing. Finally, disconnect from Dropbox syncing on your iOS devices and re-connect.

Regarding the new version, you can find all of the information on what was improved and what was added here:
    https://infinitekind.com/blog/update-moneydance-2017-3

Please let me know how it goes with recovering syncing.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 05 Oct, 2017 07:20 AM.

3. ekbrenner82 re-opened this discussion on 08 Dec, 2017 03:59 AM

4. 2 Posted by ekbrenner82 on 08 Dec, 2017 03:59 AM

Hello Henry
    I upgraded to Moneydance 2017 yesterday to take advantage of the update stock quote extension.  I tried to reinstall the MD app on my Ipad and still cannot get it to sync.  I reinstalled Dropbox on my computer also.  Should the "sync settings" in the file program be set to "dropbox folder" or "dropbox connections".  I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.  On a positive, really like 2017 so far!
    Thanks Eric Brenner 

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎July‎ ‎6‎, ‎2017‎ ‎03‎:‎18‎:‎09‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EDT, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

5. 3 Posted by ekbrenner82 on 08 Dec, 2017 11:07 AM

Henry
    I spoke too soon regarding the mutual fund update with 2017 version.  The "Investment Performance" total for my funds is correct, however, the "Investment Accounts" report on the Summary page is not.  Why isn't the correct total transferring to the Summary Report.  I have updated several times and opened and closed the program with no success..
    Thanks
    Eric Brenner 

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎July‎ ‎6‎, ‎2017‎ ‎03‎:‎18‎:‎09‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EDT, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

6. 4 Posted by Henry on 08 Dec, 2017 03:12 PM

Hi Eric,

Would it be possible for you to follow the step by step instructions on setting up sync with you iPad here?
    If you have a Dropbox folder installed on you computer then I recommend the Dropbox Folder option otherwise the Dropbox Connection option.

Regarding the Summary page display of the investment accounts:
    I believe that the price total display might be set to a different type of balance.
    To change that open the Summary page and scroll down to the Investment accounts, in the upper right corner of the Investment accounts square you should see 'Current balance', 'Balance' or 'Cleared balance', please click on it and try one of the other options.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

7. 5 Posted by ekbrenner82 on 08 Dec, 2017 03:19 PM

Henry
    Tried the different balance settings with no success...the balance in the "Investment Performance" report is the correct balance and matches my account at Vanguard where all my funds are held.  The download extension has changed from period ending 12/7 last evening to 12/6 this morning. 
    I will try the IPad set up.
    ThanksEric

On ‎Friday‎, ‎December‎ ‎8‎, ‎2017‎ ‎10‎:‎12‎:‎23‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EST, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

8. 6 Posted by ekbrenner82 on 15 Dec, 2017 03:28 PM

HenryI tried installing MD on IPad per the instructions your provided.  I continue to receive a message on the IPad "Add the Network Synchronizer extension".  I can't locate this extension to install.  Is it under another name?
    ThanksEric

On ‎Friday‎, ‎December‎ ‎8‎, ‎2017‎ ‎10‎:‎12‎:‎23‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EST, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

9. 7 Posted by Henry on 15 Dec, 2017 03:31 PM

We have just released a new update Moneydance 2017.6 1656 and it's avaialbe here:

https://infinitekind.com/downloads

When you open the new version, there should be a new update avaialbe for the Quotes and Exchange Rates extension. to get it go to the Extensions menu and go to Manage Extensions, then select the Quotes and Exchange extension and click on 'Update', the new version is v1012

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

10. 8 Posted by ekbrenner82 on 15 Dec, 2017 03:43 PM

I've completed the update but I don't think that's the extension for the IPad app.  That's stock/mutual fund update extension.  Should I delete the extension and re-install?

On ‎Friday‎, ‎December‎ ‎15‎, ‎2017‎ ‎10‎:‎31‎:‎57‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EST, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

11. 9 Posted by ekbrenner82 on 15 Dec, 2017 03:44 PM

I am attempting to sync using the Dropbox folder.  

On ‎Friday‎, ‎December‎ ‎15‎, ‎2017‎ ‎10‎:‎31‎:‎57‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EST, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

12. 10 Posted by Henry on 15 Dec, 2017 04:03 PM

Regarding the iPad:
    Open the App on the iPad and the tap on the Dropbox log instead of the Wifi logo at the bottom, this should take you to the next setup screen.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

13. 11 Posted by ekbrenner82 on 15 Dec, 2017 04:15 PM

DUH!  Perfect, thank you! Hopefully, this is your dump customer of the day. 
    Eric

On ‎Friday‎, ‎December‎ ‎15‎, ‎2017‎ ‎11‎:‎03‎:‎23‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EST, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

14. 12 Posted by Henry on 15 Dec, 2017 04:17 PM

No worries, I'm just glad that you're all set.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

15. Henry closed this discussion on 15 Dec, 2017 04:17 PM.

16. ekbrenner82 re-opened this discussion on 15 Dec, 2017 04:27 PM

17. 13 Posted by ekbrenner82 on 15 Dec, 2017 04:27 PM

Thanks, have a nice holiday.

On ‎Friday‎, ‎December‎ ‎15‎, ‎2017‎ ‎11‎:‎17‎:‎30‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EST, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

18. Henry closed this discussion on 15 Dec, 2017 04:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac