Can't Sync Second Computer to MD

Joseph Avellar

03 Jan, 2019 03:15 PM

I am a new user. I moved by .moneydance file to a Network Attached Storage Device on my LAN. Everything works fine.

I downloaded MD to a second computer, registered it with my license and tried to connect to MD. I could see the folder but couldn't open it. I learned that I needed to sync the NAS located file to my second computer. I synced the file using MD using my first computer Everything still works OK on first computer But now the file is not even visible on the second computer. What did I forget or do wrong?

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 03 Jan, 2019 03:51 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Your data set should remain on the hard drive of your computer, it should not be moved to any other drive or to a cloud server. Doing so risked corrupting your data set.
    if you want to sync to another computer and to a mobile device such as a phone you must use Dropbox. You can sync to a second computer using different cloud server provided it uses a client folder on your hard drive. You should also use Moneydances own automatic backup, this can be to server such as Dropbox. Moneydance end to end encrypts your data with the key remaining on your computer.
    see http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data

Hope this helps

2. System closed this discussion on 04 Apr, 2019 04:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac