Unable to sync Moneydance with mobile app

Peter Carne

02 Mar, 2019 10:02 AM

I've recently upgraded to Moneydance 2019. Because I couldn't sync my mobile Moneydance app I deleted and reinstalled it. However I still cannot sync the app with Dropbox. When I click on the WiFi symbol the following message appears:
"WiFi syncing is often unreliable and subject to issues with local networking configurations. We strongly recommend using Dropbox syncing. To sync, start Moneydance on your desktop and add the Network Synchroniser extension. Then select the Extensions -> Configure Network Syncing menu and add this device."
When I open Manage Extensions the Network Synchroniser extension is not there and I cannot see how to add this. Can you help?
I am also unsure whether I am using Dropbox correctly to sync files. Can you point me towards an idiot's guide to the process?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 02 Mar, 2019 10:17 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The Network Synchroniser Extension was there to support WiFI syncing rather than Dropbox it was last supported around the time of Moneydance 2014, hence why you cannot find it when you go to install it under Moneydance 2019.

The following article describes the process for Moneydance 2017 and later, there should be a dropbox option for you to select on the mobile.

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data/syncing-with-mobile-app

2. System closed this discussion on 01 Jun, 2019 10:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac