What kind of Encryption is used

jarvijunk

04 Feb, 2020 12:28 PM

I understand that the cross platform sync via Dropbox uses end to end encryption. But whet kind of encryption is used, AES 256, 128, some proprietary version ?

Brent

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 04 Feb, 2020 12:48 PM

Hi Brent,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Moneydance allows you to sync your files seamlessly and efficiently across computers and mobile devices using our fully encrypted incremental syncing engine, as outlined in these articles:

"Syncing with Other Computers" here

"Syncing with Mobile App" here

The encryption password should be a unique password and something you should choose. It is not your Dropbox account password, and should not be the same as any other passwords for your own security.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by jarvijunk on 04 Feb, 2020 01:14 PM

I understand the process, what it does and that it is end to end encryption  What I am asking is what kind of encryption is used?  AES 128, AES 256, proprietary version, blowfish.......
    Brent
        On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 07:48:38 AM EST, Maddy <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 04 Feb, 2020 02:07 PM

Hi Brent,

It's 128 bit AES, with PBKDF2 used to generate the encryption keys from passphrases.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 05 May, 2020 02:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac