MD 2021 won't let me choose Sync Method

Dan Carlsson

26 Oct, 2020 08:58 PM

Hi,

I have used MD on another computer before but installed MD on a new computer and now the MD 2021 won't let me choose Sync Method. The sync method is "don't sync". I have deleted the moneydance files in Dropbox. What else can I do to make it work?

Kind regards Dan C.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 27 Oct, 2020 11:13 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Dan

The following may not cover your exact case but should allow you to sort things out.

When you sync between computers you first set up one primary computer under FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) – SYNCING. You then set up syncing any number of secondary computers using FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) – NEW – OPEN SYNCED FILE.
    You can change the syncing method on a primary data set or a Moneydance backup restored from a primary data set.

With a secondary data set the syncing method is fixed, greyed out and cannot be change. You get the same result after restoring a secondary computer Moneydance backup. Make sure the auto backups for the primary and secondary computers are not set to use the same location if you are say using Dropbox.

If you have lost your primary computer data set first try to find a backup created from your primary computer and restore from that.

If you only have a secondary data set try the following:

To convert a secondary data set to a primary data set you need to run the attached script md_convert_secondary_to_primary_data_set.py in Moneydance 2019/2020/2021.
    With your data set open click WINDOW - SHOW MONEYBOT CONSOLE use OPEN SCRIPT to select the script and click RUN. Wait for the script to complete its run, it can take a minute. Close and reopen Moneydance. You should now be able to change the syncing method.

You will now need to set up syncing again.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by Dan Carlsson on 27 Oct, 2020 06:24 PM

Thank you so much, this solution opened up the sync settings.

Best regards,
    //Dan

Från: derekkent23 <[email blocked]>
    Skickat: den 27 oktober 2020 12:14
    Till: [email blocked]
    Ämne: Re: MD 2021 won't let me choose Sync Method [SyncSpace #9049]

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 27 Oct, 2020 06:53 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Dan

Glad I was able to help.

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 12:26 AM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM