New budget

Martin Stockley

05 Feb, 2017 05:54 PM

Each year I set up a new 12 month budget using Moneydance budget manager. That's always given me options to enter monthly, quarterly, annual etc amounts for each expenditure category for the budget period, which would then be calculated for the full year. But now the set up window seems to have changed totally with some sort of month by month entry. What's going on please?

1. 1 Posted by Martin Stockley on 05 Feb, 2017 06:02 PM

OK I"ve realised I have to use the 'old-style' mixed period format. Beats me why you ever changed it!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Jenny on 06 Feb, 2017 11:10 AM

Hi Martin,

Glad to hear you've got this resolved! In newer versions of the program, we've kept the older 'Mixed Interval' budget, and also introduced the 'Newer' format budgets. These newer budget formats were created as a different way of looking at the budgets. It is simpler overall, and meant to provide the kind of interface that YNAB has. Some customers expressed that they'd prefer this, rather than the older but more flexible system.

I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

3. Jenny closed this discussion on 06 Feb, 2017 11:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac