Show expenses only for one account only with no transfers

bill1

12 Feb, 2017 08:49 PM

OK, I'm sure this is easy except I'm so stupid with money: I want a report that shows all the charges I've made to a particular credit card in this month to date. I don't want it to show any payments I've made to the credit card account. I want it to show each transaction, totaled by category. I don't need the total due on the card, just what I've charged this month. The total should be the total of charges, not reflecting any payments. I've poked around in the reports and the extensions and the budgets but can't get the hang of it.

Thanks in advance.

MD 2017.2 (1597)

1. 1 Posted by John on 04 Mar, 2017 06:53 PM

Use the Income and Expenses report (not I&E, Detailed). Select the Edit button, select month to date in the date box, restrict the report to just the credit card account; uncheck the box to show transfers, select the box all expense. Play around from there.

2. 2 Posted by bill1 on 05 Mar, 2017 12:40 AM

Thanks John. But as I stated, I want to show each transaction, grouped by category. I&E shows each category only, lumped together.

3. 3 Posted by John on 05 Mar, 2017 01:26 AM

Then you do indeed need to use the I&E, Detailed report. Same directions as I stated above. All line item transactions per category.

4. System closed this discussion on 04 Jun, 2017 01:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac