How do you remove a category from a budget in 2017 version?

Mike Priestley

27 Feb, 2017 05:42 PM

Hi,
Can't find any way to remove a category from a budget.... there appears to be a red "-" on the left of the category that does nothing.. no click action, nothing.

I can mod the budget values... but no idea how to remove a category!
running 2017.2 (1597).

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 28 Feb, 2017 12:41 PM

Hi Mike,

Within the newer versions of Moneydance, there are two budget formats available. The 'Newer' format budget (I think this is the format you're using), and the 'Older Mixed Interval' format. You can find details of both budget types in this article.

By default, all category items will be included in the 'Newer' budget format. I think the 'icons' you're referring to, on the left of the budget item, are to signify if the item is an income or an expense. You can select the 'Budgeted' filter at the top of the register to limit the budget item view using this format.

It's possible that the other budget format may better suit your needs. By creating a 'Mixed Interval' budget, this will allow you to choose which category items are included in the budget, and these can be set with different time intervals - monthly, weekly etc.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Mike Priestley on 01 Mar, 2017 07:20 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply. All makes sense now.

Have a good day
    Mike.

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Feb 2017, at 12:41, Jenny <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 02 Mar, 2017 11:03 AM

No problem Mike. I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. Jenny closed this discussion on 02 Mar, 2017 11:03 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

17 Feb, 2020 05:15 PM
17 Feb, 2020 05:04 PM
17 Feb, 2020 04:21 PM