budget function

lauer.jake

07 Feb, 2018 03:57 PM

I have posted on a similar topic previously (http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/budgeting/1438-issues-with-updating-budget) but didn't receive any specific feedback or answers. More than anything, I want to use this software for budgeting and management of my monthly cash flow. My problem with the software is that the budgeting feature does not correctly add up and reflect the budgeted categories. I have included a screenshot of what I am looking at today. You can clearly see that what I have spent this month is an amount that is greater than what is reflected in the total expenses number at the top of the budget. This does not even include other categories that are not on the screen. Why does this number not accurately reflect what I have spent in the month? Is it the way I have the budget categories set up? Is it just a glitch in the software? What I end up doing is just transposing the numbers onto an excel spreadsheet so that it accurately totals the amounts. Just makes me wonder why I am using a specific software such as Moneydance if at the end of the day I have to pull all the data into excel.

1. System closed this discussion on 09 May, 2018 04:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac