Couple of things

tony.cooper655

02 Sep, 2018 11:47 PM

Hi everyone

First question is to the developers of MD, why on earth are you not making a PROPER MD app for phones ie Android and Apple? its been years and years without this being done and yet in many ways seems essential?, I of course like everyone just update it manually every day and have a rough idea where my budget sits.............. it would be the icing on the cake to give your original app a major overhaul

Second one
In my budget I have gone back to the old budgeting method as it works far better in my opinion and I base my spending off my yearly income, the only thing is where say you have a one off yearly cost ie Dentist it screws up the budget as you can see in the photo and the budget plays catch up until the end of the year? whats a better way to handle items like this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 03 Sep, 2018 10:43 AM

Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've encountered.

I would agree that the 'older' budget format works better. The new format was introduced as a different way of looking at the budgets. It is simpler overall, and meant to provide the kind of interface that YNAB has - many of our customers prefer this to the older but more flexible system.

I don't see a listing for 'Dentist' in the screenshot, did you mean 'Doctor'?
    For a yearly payment, you can set the interval as 'Annually'. Alternatively, set another interval, and specify the start and end date. If you leave the end date as blank, the budget item will continue indefinitely. If you set an end date, the item will only continue for as long as is set.

If the budget isn't working as you'd expect, can you send me another screenshot that highlights the problem? It'd be useful to see the generated report information, the specified report settings, and also the listing within the budget.

Can you also let me know which version and build of Moneydance you are running?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

We do still have plans to release a full version for iOS and Android. We've been continually working on this over the years but it's no small task. An app like Moneydance is large enough that there are still a lot of details to work out.
    We have a policy of not publishing release dates or development timelines as we find this results in higher quality releases. But when this becomes available, we will be sure to notify our customers.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by tony.cooper655 on 03 Sep, 2018 12:33 PM

Why is this marked private?
    Sorry not dentist Optometrist as the example its a one off yearly visit however this cost gets divided up into the whole year, $600 anually is what I have allowed so it will sit in the Red for most of the year, but its a once a year cost, as for developing an Android App how many years does it take!!!!, the existing App could be just improved, budget bars added perhaps?

3. 3 Posted by tony.cooper655 on 03 Sep, 2018 12:40 PM

I think I might have fixed it? set the dates just either side of when I paid for new glasses and set to don't repeat not sure what don't repeat means?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Jenny on 03 Sep, 2018 01:11 PM

Hi Tony,

The discussion has been marked as private since it was created, so this must have been set when you created the thread. I presumed you had marked as private as you've included a screenshot. You should be able to set is as public if you'd prefer, or I can do this for you.

You can resolve this issue as you have done in the recent screenshot you've sent. By settings the interval to 'Don't repeat' this becomes a one-off budget item. This means when the next yearly payment is due, you'd have to create another 'Don't repeat' item.
    When the interval is set as 'Annually' - what you're seeing in the Budget report is the calculation of your annual amount for the specified time period.

I'm sorry the current version of the mobile app doesn't suit your needs. We understand how much it will benefit our customers to have more functions available on their mobile devices. We plan to improve the existing app, and we're also working on a full mobile version. We're constantly working on improvements and fixes for the program, and we'll be sure to notify our customers when these new features are available.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

5. System closed this discussion on 03 Dec, 2018 01:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac