New Style Budget feature is very slow and needs improvements

mhoggie

03 Oct, 2018 03:49 PM

I'm still using the "old-style" budget, but I've also duplicated it with the "new-style" to view any benefits one to another.
I've found a couple of issues with the new-style that encourage me to retain the "old-style" format. First of all, the "new-style" is very slow. When you initially open the budget, it may take 10 seconds before anything displays. The old-style budget opens instantly. Also noted the new-style budget tab filters default to "All" Even if you select the "budgeted" filter tab, the filter is reset to "All" when you visit the budget again. Also noted that you can have considerable delay just moving between and editing items on the new-style budget. About 5 seconds delay every time you click on another budget item. I like the feature where you can show All, Active, and Budgeted categories, and I like the feature where you can use last periods activity to apply to a new month or just copy the old budget values. So I do see some nice features, but it is just too slow and you still need to provide work-arounds to track mortgage and loan payments just as you have to do now with the "old-style" since that feature was disabled. But I do regularly use the MD budget feature and as a retiree now, it helps me keep track of changes and money spending habits. I also keep an eye on the budget bar at the top of the MD window. That's a valuable feature also. So I encourage MD to press forward to improve the budgeting feature to encourage others to use it. Good sales feature for those of us on fixed income.

1. System closed this discussion on 02 Jan, 2019 03:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac