Projected Balance option

mark

23 Jan, 2019 01:40 PM

Currently testing as a quicken replacement. Is there a way to set up reminders for income (paychecks) and bills and then view in either the calendar or via a graph the forecasted cashflow/balance in a checking account? Sort of like the Projected Balances windows in quicken

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 23 Jan, 2019 03:48 PM

just a user,

Yes you can set up the reminders as needed and they do show up in a calendar and summary screen. There are a couple of extensions that do project the balances. One called Balance Predictor and one called Money Foresight that you can download. Money Foresight is limited to one future month unless you upgrade for $10 but it produces a nicer graph. You would recommend downloading MD and just using it as a free trial to get a taste of the what the program does.

2. 2 Posted by mark on 23 Jan, 2019 06:17 PM

I already did. The only item item I would like to be able to test is the ability to download from my credit union. Money foresight seems to be what I am looking for.

3. 3 Posted by mark on 24 Jan, 2019 04:17 PM

So far so good even though my credit union doesn't have the direct connect function the manual download works quite well. The only function that I am missing now is the ability to see balance information in calendar format. Other than that this is actually a pretty good alternative for my needs. Thanks for the recommendation of Foresight. Worth the $10.

4. System closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2019 04:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac