No Calculate button and "use actual spending from previous month" does not do anything?

roy

05 Oct, 2019 03:45 PM

I want to set up a annual budget with the amount I plan to spend in each category for each month. Do I have to go each month and then each category and enter the amount?

I was thinking there would be a way for the program to do at least part of it. Like enter an annual total and have it put 1/12 into each month ahead.

Or using the "use actual spending from previous month" by clicking on the month button at the top. But nothing happens when I do that in my program.?

Do I need to update my program, it says I have a upgrade available but I am running version 2017.8 (1687)

Other wise, been using the programs for months after dropping quicken and Love it! Thank you

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 05 Oct, 2019 10:00 PM

just a user,

I would recommend using the Mixed Interval (Old Style) budget (select period - Mixed Interval when creating a new budget.

You click edit to set the budget entries and it has a calculator to pull history to help determine the categories and amounts used in the past.

2. System closed this discussion on 04 Jan, 2020 10:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac