Copy previous budget doesn't work

Donna Friesen

21 Feb, 2020 04:23 PM

I just started using Moneydance in January. In February I rolled over my January budget and it worked fine. I set my March budget to roll over from February to see if the rollover would continue to work. Instead of adding the February balance to the original budget, it doubled the February balance. This issue was raised in 2016 - see below - but still isn't resolved. Why does it take so long for corrections to be made when there are problems? The rollover function was the reason I switched to Moneydance because I want to know at a glance how much money I have left to spend, particularly in categories like groceries and restaurants.

Posted by Jenny on Apr 05, 2016 @ 04:41 AM in response to someone's post:
Apr
"Unfortunately we are aware of a bug in Moneydance, which I think you may have encountered. The rollover function is copying the amount budgeted in the previous month, adds the amount of unspent from that month, and that's budget for the next month. As it is now, that original baseline amount appears to get lost after the first rollover.

There is already a bug ticket for this in our system, and I have attached the ticket to this discussion. I'll pass your feedback to the developers, and I will be sure to update you when the issue is resolved."

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 22 Feb, 2020 01:09 AM

just a user,

The default new style budget has some issues. Best to use the Old Style Mixed Interval mode. Just select Mixed Interval as the Period when creating the budget. Once you create the budget, you can use the edit button to add,edit, delete items to the budget or use the calculator to populate a set of items you can edit. Then you set the period of the budget for each item as needed and it will continue unless you make changes. Not need to copy from previous period.

2. System closed this discussion on 23 May, 2020 01:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac