Copy From Previous Period Still Does Not Work

jerinke

10 Jul, 2020 05:23 PM

Please be aware that the Copy From Previous Period functionality as described on
 https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/budgeting-2/the-newer-budget-format
does not work. That page was last updated in 2017 and is incorrect.
There have been previous posts about this issue and they have been closed with no adequate explanation. The implication is that MoneyDance and the InfiniteKind support group are not concerned about it, do not plan to fix it, and will continue lying (publishing incorrect information) about it.

If you are trying to use this functionality, please be aware that you must manually enter the budget numbers for each period. You will get nothing when you click Copy From Previous Period.

1. 1 Posted by Kidglove57 on 10 Jul, 2020 09:57 PM

“Copy the previous period” DOES work for me in the New Style budget. The critical thing I found was that I need to go to the Sidebar, click on a different account or budget page AND then click back into my budget again. This refreshes the page and the copied numbers can be seen.

So it works (at least for me) - but as with all things Moneydance the documentation is fairly awful and pretty incoherent in its presentation!

2. 2 Posted by mhoggie on 12 Jul, 2020 09:29 PM

just a user,

Use the Old Style Mixed Interval method and you don't need to deal with the Copy from Previous Period

3. 3 Posted by Sweetal on 17 Jul, 2020 03:57 AM

I agree with Kidglove57. I just tried with my "Newer" budget format and it seemed to work okay.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac