Creating Mixed Interval Budget - "Payee" or "Notes" Field?

Matt

13 Jul, 2020 10:49 PM

Hello,

I am trying to create a mixed interval budget, as that seems to make the most sense for me and my use case, however, it seems that the application only breaks things down by:

- Amount
- Category
- Interval
- Dates

Is there any "Payee" or "Notes" field for budgets? For example, say you know that you have certain expenses every month that go under the same category but you want to see them individually by the payee (e.g. "Personal: Computer" for all software related subscriptions but you have an iCloud subscription and an Apple Music subscription on different dates and different amounts). Being able to see the specific payees would be very helpful as I know there are many other use cases / examples similar to my own. I don't really want to create new, separate categories and redo my history of transactions to support them as I like the system I have already and just want to add a budget on top of it without any hassle or modifications.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks :)

1. 1 Posted by Kidglove57 on 14 Jul, 2020 08:34 AM

I have just this morning finished setting up my own Mixed Interval budget!
    I agree with you - at the very least a Notes field would be really helpful to show how the monthly (or annual) budget is made up. Software or Media subs are great examples - these are probably the only expenses I need it for. However, I would like it to track multiple interest income sources too.
    At the moment I keep a record on a separate spreadsheet so that I know how the total budgeted amount in the category is made up. It is certainly not optimal and a notes field would be a great addition to Moneydance.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac