I do Not Have a Green or Red Button

Mike McKinley

08 Feb, 2021 10:00 PM

How do I enter numbers foor a budget? I have gone to tools, clicked budget manager, added a new budget, clicked on edit but according to your knowledge base, I should see green and red buttons. Please help because I do not see the buttons.

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 08 Feb, 2021 10:24 PM

just a user,

There are 2 different styles of budget. The new default style simple shows all your categories in a monthly list and you just click on the field to set a budget amount for each. After you have all the categories you need set to a budget amount you can roll that budget to the next month and so forth. The other style is referred to as the Old Style Mixed Interval budget. To set this style you have to select the Old Style Mixed Interval as the Period for the budget when you initially create it. Then once created, you open the budget and click edit to get a blank list where you can set all the budgets for the needed category. Then the budget stays in effect for the future unless you set a stop date. I use the Mixed Interval budget and found that it works much better for my needs.

2. 2 Posted by Kidglove57 on 08 Feb, 2021 10:34 PM

I’m not sure where the “green and red” buttons come into it - not come across that one! However, here are the budget set up notes that you need for the “New Style” of budget.
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/budgeting-2/the-newer-budget-format

3. System closed this discussion on 10 May, 2021 10:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac